Thu, 25 Apr 2019 12:30:00 GMT - Thu, 25 Apr 2019 18:30:00 GMT
C O N T I N U A L R E V E L A T I O N
a Day of Connection, Support, and Sharing
Goals for our time together:
- Connecting with administrator colleagues from Quaker schools to talk about successes, common challenges, and questions.
- Strengthening the network of support and collaboration between Friends school educators.
Send your ideas for topics, questions, themes when you register.
POSTPONED - New Date TBA
Tuesday 8:30am - 2:30pm
Chris Singler, Upper School Director, Friends Select School
Jonathan Oglesbee, Head of Upper School, Sandy Spring Friends School
The gathering is being held at Friends Center
1501 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
FEES $88 pp (includes light breakfast & lunch)
|Arrival and introductions
||Welcome, overview, and centering silence
|Round 1 - Affinity grouping by division level
Including information on the Quaker Schools Learning Collaborative (QSLC) - Hybrid Learning Collaborative
Round 2 - Discussion group choices
- Education in the “Me, too” era - What are we doing to help our communities heal regarding events of the world?
- Giving and getting feedback - How does the framework of being a Quaker school inform the way we give and receive feedback?
- Peer observations and building an open door culture.
- How do Quaker values inform management of difficulty personnel issues?
- Mental health issues - substance use and abuse.
- Developing and encouraging growth mindset for professional development.
- What reflective practices are schools using to understand their culture and practices?
|Lunch and networking; sharing surprises, learnings, satisfactions, discoveries from the morning sessions.
Afternoon session – Round 3 - led by and facilitated by Chris & Jonathan
What is the value proposition of a Quaker education?
Why choose a Quaker school for your child?
What language do you use to talk with families?
Evaluation and Closing Worship
What’s next? Planning for 2019-2020 Peer Network Gathering
Contact Friends Council office if you need tips on public transportation.