Westtown School, a Quaker, Pre-K -12th grade, co-ed, private, college preparatory day and boarding school, located in Chester County PA., offers a challenging and diverse curriculum that emphasizes action-based education, critical thinking, collaboration, service, and social action. Committed to character innovation since 1799, Westtown inspires and prepares graduates to become stewards and leaders of a better world.
The school seeks an energetic experienced person to assist with cold and hot food prep work for the food service program, line replenishing for meals and customer service.
The kitchen staff will:
- Provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Complete set up, service and closing duties in all areas of operation.
- Prep daily menu items according to assistant kitchen manager’s specifications.
- Perform food preparation and display food items as trained. Replenish as needed.
- Follow wrap, label, date procedures for all food products and return to designated areas.Practice FIFO procedure on all products.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.Complete daily and weekly cleaning as assigned by Assistant Kitchen Manager.
- Ensure that food sanitation practices are followed. Carry and distribute food supplies and equipment and assist others in preparation of food.
- Notify managers of maintenance issues.
- Maintain professional and appropriate relations with all students and parents at all times.
- Maintain knowledge of school property and staff as necessary to perform assigned duties.
- Report all accidents to the kitchen manager immediately.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all student information.
- Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
- Participate in departmental meetings and trainings.
Candidates should be able to:
- Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. regularly.Follow proper moving and lifting procedures.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, and climb.
- Must be able to push and pull heavy loads.
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
- Some foodservice experience preferred.
- High School graduate.
Interested candidates qualified candidates should apply at http://tiny.cc/westtown_careercenter.