Friends’ Central School, an independent, coeducational Quaker day school founded in 1845 and serving 800 students in Nursery through Grade 12, seeks a Physics teacher to join the faculty of our Science Department. We are seeking a committed individual interested in joining our community who can lead our students while also encouraging them in their own discoveries. The position requires dedication to the School’s Quaker heritage, the ability to collaborate and inspire, and a sense of humor.
- Teach courses in advanced physics topics, particularly in areas of light, optics, electricity and magnetism.
- Lead an exploration of future elective courses in physics or applied physics topics with attention to existing models that are uniquely innovative and successful.
- Create and oversee experiential and experimental extracurricular programming for Upper School students related to physics, engineering and technology.
- Blend classroom instruction with laboratory activities and independent research projects.
- Advise a group of students.