· Knowledge and experience in at least two of the following trades:
o Painting (interior, exterior, and application of other coatings)
· Knowledge and experience in the operation of landscaping equipment (e.g., lawn mower, trimmer, snow blower)
· Ability to do ladder work
· Current driver’s license
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
· Willingness to work weekends and occasional irregular hours (e.g. due to snowstorm)
· Willingness to carry the on-call phone 2-3 nights per week and show responsive hospitality to any guest who calls the maintenance-emergency phone line
· Basic computer proficiency in order to send and receive email (via Outlook) and respond to work-order reports (Pendle Hill uses Megasys software)
· Experience in formulating a plan of action and working toward a goal
· Familiarity with maintaining and completing periodic maintenance lists
· Interest in the possibility of being trained into a leadership role (see Training Opportunity, below)
· Conscientious - demonstrates giving quality care to buildings, equipment, andgrounds
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL PENDLE HILL EMPLOYEES:
· A welcoming attitude and willingness to provide hospitality for members of, and visitors to, the Pendle Hill community. Openness to a wide range of spiritual beliefs and experiences.
· Familiarity with Quaker faith and practices, and/or a willingness to gain and deepen such knowledge.
· Appreciation for the role of Quakerism in the mission of Pendle Hill. Please see our mission, vision, and value statements as part of familiarizing yourself with Pendle Hill.
TRAINING OPPORTUNITY: For routine maintenance (carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, painting, repairs, woodworking, and heating and cooling systems) and emergency repairs, the MGA will be supervised by the Facilities Manager. For landscaping, grounds-keeping, basic forestry, pest and ecological work, the MGA will be supervised by the Grounds Manager. In each case, a desired qualification for the MGA is an interest in pursuit of further expertise in these areas. The right person will bring a care for Pendle Hill itself and the stewardship of its campus environment – seeking new skills, abilities, and leadership capabilities while working here.