The Friends School seeks an individual to support us in revisioning our technology needs and the systems we have or could have to meet those needs more effectively and efficiently, while at the same time supporting faculty and staff to use our current technology well and maintain our systems. For the remainder of 2019, the Technology Consultant will support our school by:
- Provide help desk support to faculty and staff
- Meet with our team individually and in groups to help us analyze our tech systems and needs, then create a plan to make our systems more efficient and effective
- Work on deeper system maintenance
- Develop/set-up whatever new systems we have agreed upon
FALL SEMESTER 2019:
- Train and support staff to use all our tech systems (old and new)
- Continue to provide help desk support
- Figure out our long-term tech support plan so we can hire whatever long-term Tech Director position we need.Note that the consultant is welcome to apply for the long-term position once it is designed and posted.
- ▪Technical skills to provide help-desk support to faculty and staff on how to use basic systems such as MS office, database, Chrome and G-Suite, and basic network and hardware administration.
- ▪Familiarity with macOS and iOS devices
- ▪Interpersonal skills to work with diverse individuals and groups for help-desk services, to collaboratively assess tech needs and generate solutions, and train staff
- ▪Vision, creative problem solving, and systems thinking to gather ideas and help create a comprehensive technology plan to effectively and efficiently address the school’s technology needs
- ▪Experience and understanding of how technology applies in a K-8 school environment would be ideal.
- ▪Programming skills are not an essential requirement, but would be helpful.