Friends Select School is seeking a full-time Technical Theater Director to oversee performances and the physical theater space.
- Work with the Drama and Music Departments in the design and implementation of events in Blauvelt Theatre, including Drama productions and Music performances.
- Design and execute sets, lighting, and sound for all school plays, musicals, concerts, etc.
- Establish and maintain all safety and security measures for all theatrical events.
- Work with Facilities team on physical maintenance of all theatrical systems, electrical, rigging and construction and sound.
- Purchase and transport all goods, materials and supplies needed to mount all productions in Blauvelt Theatre and for all daily theatrical maintenance.
- Train and supervise a student stage crew to work on all aspects of theatre: design scenery and lighting, construction, painting, hanging and focusing of lighting equipment, sound (live, record and playback), safety and maintenance.
- Teach one upper school class on technical theatre.
- Work with middle and upper school productions after school.
- Maintain a calendar with all school events in the Blauvelt Theatre.
- Oversee evening and weekend rentals in the theatre.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Extensive work in theaters, both professional and educational.
- Experience working with middle and high school students.
- The ability to work on a team
- Teaching experience
Interested applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. All materials must be in by February 25, 2019.
Friends Select School is a 590-student, co-educational, pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade, college preparatory, independent school located in center city Philadelphia. The school carries out its mission in a manner reflective of the spiritual and social testimonies of the Religious Society of Friends.
Friends Select School provides programs and services and equal opportunity in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, financial aid programs, employment and the selection of its governing board without regard to gender, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, handicap status, or any status recognized by federal, state and local civil rights and non-discrimination laws.