Westtown School, a Quaker, Pre-K -12th grade, co-ed, private, college preparatory day and boarding school, located in Chester County PA., offers a challenging and diverse curriculum that emphasizes action-based education, critical thinking, collaboration, service, and social action. Committed to character innovation since 1799, Westtown inspires and prepares graduates to become stewards and leaders of a better world.
The school seeks a part-time Junior Varsity Head Coach for our Girls Lacrosse team.
Position Description: The Junior Varsity Head Coach - Girls Lacrosse reports to the Co-Director of Athletics. The successful coach will instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary to realize a high level of individual and team success in their sport. Instruction should lead to improved ability in the sport as well as good sportsmanship, self-discipline, self-confidence, a healthy attitude towards winning, and a sense of pride in the student-athlete’s accomplishments. A Westtown School coach will also promote the values of Westtown School and the Friends School League and uphold Westtown’s expectations of proper student behavior.
The Junior Varsity Head Coach for Girls Lacrosse will:
· Observe the rules of Westtown School, the FSL, and PAISAA
· Present themselves with professional and appropriate attire
· Attend Coaches Meetings
· Evaluate Players and Select Team
· Plan and Implement Daily Practices
· Be responsible for team equipment and uniforms
· Be responsible for team discipline
· Initiate appropriate and regular communication with student-athletes and parents
· Follow school procedures regarding transportation, injuries, participation, and meals
· Report and follow up with athletic trainer about injuries
· Will maintain current CPR and First Aid certification
· Remain current with sport theories and techniques
· Oversee assistant coach(es) and student manager
· Keep scores and records current and available
· Promote program via Twitter and other social media outlets
· Assist in the enrollment of qualified student-athletes
· Initiate program building activities with Middle and Lower School students
· Report areas of concern immediately to Co-Directors of Athletics
· Evaluate and Communicate program needs to Co-Director of Athletics at the end of the season
· Write and submit individual comments on each student as scheduled
Qualifications and Skills:
· Previous Successful Lacrosse Coaching Experience
· Has the ability to manage and develop athletes at all levels
· Demonstrates pertinent technical, theoretical and applied knowledge of lacrosse
A competitive salary, commensurate with experience, is available.
Interested qualified candidates send a cover letter and resume to: Lana Valenzuela, Director of Human Resources at http://tiny.cc/westtown_careercenter and select Show All Job Openings.