Long-term Substitute Third Grade Teacher
Friends’ Central School, an independent, coeducational, Quaker day school founded in 1845 and serving around 800 students in Nursery through grade 12, seeks a Long-term Substitute Third Grade Lead Teacher, a full-time position for August 2019 - January 2020.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate knowledge of and experience in hands-on and integrated learning; be highly motivated, hard-working, collaborative, and flexible; demonstrate a desire to learn; show initiative; and have a sense of humor. This position will be under the supervision of the Lower School Principal.
In addition to having the required professional and educational background, we seek an enthusiastic, energetic candidate.
Essential functions of the role include:
- Collaborate with Lead Teacher to teach an integrated program, including spelling, grammar, literacy, writing, and social studies
- Administer and analyze assessments to differentiate math for a range of learners
- Collaborate with grade team and Lower School specialists to integrate curriculum and support student success
- Collaborate with the Learning Support Counselor and outside support providers as necessary to promote student success
- Coordinate with the Light Lab Director to co-facilitate integrated Maker Ed projects
- Build community within the classroom and demonstrate clear and affirming classroom management
- Develop positive working relationships with students
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusivity
- Participate in Lower School committee work
- Write a bi-weekly blog about grade-level curriculum and activities; Post students’ work to online portfolios
- Administer Fountas and Pinnell reading assessments in the fall.
- Supervise students in the lunchroom and at recess
- Complete fall narrative, checklist, and parent conference for each student, in addition to conducting more informal check-ins
- Understand and be committed to the School’s Quaker values and mission