We seek a Head of School to start July 1, 2020. The successful candidate will offer the following qualities:
- Humanistic Leader who models values that align with our Quaker identity, and who is reflective, self-aware, skilled at embracing nuanced complexity, and able to pivot between managing operational tasks and driving transformation.
- Shepherd of Learning who honors each child’s unique capacity to make a contribution to the world and who will create a learning environment in which equality, integrity, and compassion are basic tenets.
- Innovative Thinker who can link everyday practice, as well as the short- and long-term strategic needs of the school community, to best practices in independent schools, and who has knowledge of “open systems” thinking to support continuous school improvement, especially in the areas of institutional advancement and budget stewardship.
- Deft Facilitator who can tap into the strengths and talents of the faculty, administrative team, and parent community, connecting them to school goals, campaigns, and projects that will develop our student body into tomorrow’s leaders.
- Effective Communicator who crafts language with care and concern, who is able to foster dialogue among a diverse group of stakeholders with sometimes disparate needs, and who can facilitate community-building to further our shared goals.
For a complete description of this opportunity, click here.
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2019:
- Cover letter expressing your interest in the position
- Current résumé
- Statement of educational philosophy and leadership practice
- List of five references, including email address, phone number, and relationship (references will be contacted later in the process and only with candidate permission)
Princeton Friends School is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.