Haddonfield Friends School is seeking to hire a full-time Associate Head
of Academics, Curriculum and Student Engagement for the 2019-2020 school year.
The successful applicant will be responsible for partnering with faculty and
school leadership to enhance the academic offerings, oversee and cultivate
innovative curriculum, supervise student engagement and success, and encourage
home/school/community communication and connections.
- Overseeing curriculum development and innovation, including supporting teachers with the implementation of new, project-based learning initiatives and design-thinking curricula;
- Arranging professional development opportunities and in-service days;
- Managing and streamlining grade-to-grade transitions by promoting faculty communication and a spiraling, cohesive academic program;
- Supporting and observing classroom teachers, both with standing initiatives and individual teacher professional development and growth;
- Supporting classroom teachers with behavior interventions and differentiated instruction;
- Maintaining communication with families by being a visible presence in the daily life of the school;
- Supporting teachers in web portal content production and dissemination, and collaborating with PTO members and parent volunteers.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Partnering regularly with families and students to ensure a successful experience and best fit with our program;
- Guiding retention initiatives;
- Supporting admissions, marketing and community events.