TO APPLY: Please send resume, cover letter, education philosophy, and three recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Position Description
The Physical Education and Health Teacher guides students in developing motor skills, physical development, athleticism, and fitness and teaches middle school health classes.
- Plan and implement a creative, engaging and stimulating classroom program that develops motor skills, physical development, athleticism, and fitness.
- Teach after-school programs in sports and movement
- Promote high expectations, demonstrate a caring attitude, and establish an environment that supports social, emotional, and academic development in students
- Frequently communicate with parents and caregivers about children's progress by phone, email, face-to-face meetings, and reports
- Evaluate the progress of each student through formal and informal assessment
- Manage student behavior expectations through positive and productive Responsive Classroom management techniques for improving student behavior
- Integrate the Quaker testimonies of peace, simplicity, integrity, community and stewardship into the curriculum and during interactions with FFS community members
- Other related duties as assigned