The ideal candidate will possess:
• 3-5 years of teaching experience and a relevant advanced degree
• facility with a wide range of world language pedagogies and instructional strategies
• a strong understanding of the developmental needs of both middle and high school students
• experience with student-centered teaching and learning practices
• a collaborative, inclusive approach to all aspects of school life
At Tandem Friends School, all fifth and sixth graders take both Spanish and Latin; older students choose from Latin, French, or Spanish. Optimal Spanish teacher candidates will also have fluency in and experience teaching French and/or Latin.