Abington Friends School, an independent school located in Jenkintown, PA, is seeking candidates for a Head Coach position with its Varsity Girls Soccer team, starting in the fall of 2019. Candidates should have a strong soccer background and must be available from 3:30 - 6:30 pm on weekdays and at varied times during selected Saturdays from late August through early November. Candidates will also be expected to direct summer preseason training sessions and lead AFS's middle and upper school girls' soccer programs.
In addition, AFS seeks candidates with:
- a mastery of tactical concepts appropriate for competitive high school play.
- an attention to players' technical skills development appropriate for competitive high school play.
- an ability to communicate program's expectations and goals to players, parents, and wider school community.
- a commitment to building the entire girls' soccer program by establishing consistent philosophies and teaching. methods for all teams and coaches in the program and by assisting fellow coaches in their development.
- a willingness to organize and direct out-of-season training programs and youth clinics.
- a commitment to engaging in outreach into community soccer programs.
- an ability to cultivate an atmosphere that makes the program attractive to prospective student-athletes.
- a commitment to upholding the values of the athletics department, the School, and the League.
- previous playing and/or coaching experience at the high school and collegiate level.
- a facility for growing AFS Girls Soccer’s brand awareness, especially on social media.
- a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- comfort and confidence in serving as the public face of AFS Girls Soccer.
AFS competes in the Friends Schools League and plays a challenging non-league schedule. Please go to http://www.abingtonfriends.net/ for more information about the school.
Compensation for this position is determined through AFS’s Coaching Stipend Scale depending on the candidate’s years of experience, years employed by AFS, coaching level and length of season. An approximate stipend range for the position is available upon request.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and three references.
Abington Friends School is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.