Abington Friends School, an independent school located in Jenkintown, PA, is seeking candidates for a Head Coach position with its Varsity Boys Basketball team. Candidates should have a strong basketball background and must be available on weekday afternoons and evenings and at varied times during weekends from November through March. Candidates will also be expected to direct off-season training sessions, including during the summer, and serve as the leader of AFS's middle and upper school boys basketball program.
In addition, AFS seeks candidates with:
- a mastery of tactical concepts appropriate for competitive high school play.
- an attention to players' individual skills development appropriate for competitive high school play.
- an ability to communicate program's expectations and goals to players, parents, and wider school community.
- a commitment to building the entire boys basketball program by establishing consistent philosophies and teaching. methods for all teams and coaches in the program and by assisting fellow coaches in their development.
- a willingness to organize and direct out-of-season training programs and youth clinics.
- a commitment to engaging in outreach into community basketball programs.
- an ability to identify and attract high-quality prospective student-athletes.
- a commitment to upholding the values of the the athletics department the School, and the League.
- previous playing and/or coaching experience at the high school and collegiate level.
- a facility for growing AFS Boys Basketball brand awareness, especially on social media.
- a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- comfort and confidence in serving as the public face of AFS Boys Basketball.
AFS competes in the Friends Schools League and plays a challenging non-league schedule. Please go to http://www.abingtonfriends.net/ for more information about the school.
Compensation for this position is determined through AFS’s Coaching Stipend Scale depending on the candidate’s years of experience, years employed by AFS, coaching level and length of season. An approximate stipend range for the position is available upon request.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and 3 references.
Abington Friends School is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.