The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for the day-to-day activity in the Business Office. Reporting directly to the Head of School, and as a member of the Senior Administrative Team, the Director of Finance and Administration represents the school and its mission to incoming employees and current parents. The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for managing all facets of the Business office, including finance, budgeting, payroll, benefits, financial reporting, daily bookkeeping inside of the general ledger, account payable, and accounts receivable and the audit process with the Schools outside CPA audit firm. This employee is the only employee in the Business Office. The Director of Finance and Administration is an “ex-offcio” member of the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
The Director of Finance and Administration will:
- Develop and oversee financial policies, procedures, and internal controls to safeguard assets, protect confidential information, and ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Oversee school business functions, including: tuition billing and collection, accounts payable, accounts receivable, re-enrollment, contracting, payroll, rentals, annual audit accounting and reporting, daily bookkeeping of journal entries inside the general ledger, regulatory reporting and compliance, and other business administration activities.
- Administer the annual budget and multi-year forecasting process to align with the School’s goals and mission and maintain account records related to the school’s budget.
- Provide financial reports to the Head of School, the Finance Committee of the board and the board.
- Participate in the development of school strategy, providing recommendations, financial analysis, projections, and other data to inform the process.
- Collaborate with and assist the Head of School and the board of trustees in meeting fiduciary responsibilities.
- Understand the culture and climate of the school and the wider educational environment.
- Communicate clearly and enthusiastically to all staff and stakeholders.
- Ensure that human resources policies and practices are clearly articulated, consistently applied, and conform to legal requirements, including filings of the ACA, 1099’s, HIRD, FMLA, CORI, and fingerprinting
- Perform onboarding and exit interviews with employees
- Manage all employee benefits which include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 403 (b) Plan, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Over-time for Non-Exempt Employees, Employee Assistance Program, Car Insurance, Medicare, COBRA, Flexible Spending Plan, and the Health Reimbursement
- Remain current with business management trends and cultivate professional standards and development by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in local, regional, and national professional organizations.
The Director of Finance and Administration is a member of the Senior Administrative Team, Finance Committee, Financial Aid Committee and the Building and Grounds Committee.