SUMMARY: The Dining Services
Manager has responsibility for efficient management of the food service
operation of Pendle Hill. This includes planning and cooking three healthy and
delicious meals a day, year-round, for meal service that varies in size from
approximately 10 to 120 persons, maintaining a collegial and caring
environment, and presenting Pendle Hill’s values as they are expressed through
dining services (e.g. locally sourced, non-processed foods; supporting the
people who grow and eat the food). Essential parts of the role include: responding
to diner feedback with a thoughtful, customer-service approach, ensuring timely
& high-quality meal service, astute budget planning and oversight, kitchen
staff supervision, and team management.
Hill is a Quaker study, retreat, and conference center that offers programs to
people of all faiths and backgrounds.
Pendle Hill offers residential, commuter, and online study programs,
weekend workshops and retreats, conferences, scholarship opportunities,
publications, bookstore, and rental space on our beautiful 24-acre campus. Pendle
Hill is a fragrance-free, pet-free community.
In addition to
cooking meals, the Dining Services Manager has lead responsibility for overall
kitchen management including:
- Leads, supervises and participates in all phases of
food handling: preparation and processing, presentation, costing, portion
control, recording inventories, ordering and receiving, menu planning, and
- Provides excellent customer service to all diners.
- Invites and responds to feedback from diners. If
necessary, investigates and resolves any complaints regarding dining
- Follows and enforces ServSafe and OSHA standards for
maintenance of health, safety, cleanliness and risk avoidance in the
kitchen and adjacent areas.
- In conjunction with the Director of Operations,
prepares the annual budget and controls/monitors budget expenses on a
- Leads weekly Cooks’ meetings and participates in
weekly Events Planning meetings. Participates in the events planning and food
management for all special events.
- Schedules work shifts for kitchen staff.
- Supports the Cook/Garden Supervisor to oversee the
garden and its contribution to the Kitchen.
- Coordinates reports on overall dining operations to
the Director of Operations.
- Supervises kitchen staff, including effectively
training/coaching supervisees, writing performance evaluations, conducting
performance reviews, and participating on search committees.
- Encourages and models participation in the life of the
Pendle Hill community.
- Additional duties by request.