Middle School Technology Teacher
Brooklyn Friends School is seeking a Middle School Technology Teacher who is an engaging educator capable of teaching 5th - 8th Grade Computer Technology classes and managing academic technology in the Middle School. Candidates should possess knowledge and experience in best teaching practices for adolescents as well as meaningful and creative uses of technology to enhance student learning and exploration.
The MS Technology Teacher is a Middle School faculty position and reports to the Middle School Division Head and Director of Infrastructure Technology. Demonstration of strong classroom management skills, an investment in continued professional growth, and a commitment to promoting an inclusive community are expected. All Middle School teachers are also expected to be active community members, share supervisory duties, serve as advisors, and provide general support and care of the school community.
- Teach 5th - 8th grade technology classes either in a semester-long or year-long configuration.
- Serve as a Middle School Advisor, responsible for the support, wellbeing, and family communication for approximately 8-9 students.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally for the purposes of creating engaging and creative interdisciplinary technology projects.
- Other duties specified by division.
Skills and Experience:
- Background in teaching both creative and academic technology classes or seminars to middle-school-aged children.
- Experience with both standards-based assessment and progressive teaching methods preferred
- Experience in developing curriculum
- Experience with anti-bias and culturally responsive pedagogy
- Strong organizational skills
- High energy and a strong ability to connect with adolescents
- Ability to effectively differentiate instruction
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to meet and adhere to multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and lifelong learning