Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- significant experience with high school students
- broad historical knowledge
- commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the classroom, curriculum, and community
- creativity and flexibility in pedagogical approach
- excellent writing skills
- experience in developing effective curriculum
- ability to connect with students in support of their learning and development as young adults
- desire to find and use Service Learning opportunities effectively to deepen and enrich students’ understanding
- commitment to collaborating with other educators, both in History and other disciplines, with respect to content, pedagogy, Service Learning, and use of technology
- experience and enthusiasm for incorporating technology into teaching and learning
Master’s Degree preferred
Interested candidates must submit a Cover Letter, Resume, Statement of Educational Philosophy, Writing Sample, Example of a Course developed, and contact information for three references to email@example.com
When submitting required documents, kindly reference in the subject line: your first and last name, the position you are applying for and where you heard about the position. You will receive a confirmation email when you submit your application online. Kindly submit your information only once per school year. No phone calls, please.
Friends Seminary actively promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion in all programs and operations, including admissions, financial aid, and hiring. To form a community which strives to reflect the world’s diversity, we do not discriminate on the basis of race or color, religion, nationality, ethnicity, economic background, physical ability, sex, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. Friends Seminary is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of color and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. We urge all applicants to identify and express their individuality and the ways in which they might enrich and diversify the school community.