Westtown School, an independent, PK-12, day and boarding Quaker school in West Chester, Pennsylvania, seeks an Administrative Assistant to support our Advancement Team.
Westtown is a spirit-led school where students are empowered to discover their unique gifts and guiding purpose in a values-based community, while acquiring the skills and knowledge they will need to impact — and to better — the world they will inherit. Founded in 1799 by members of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends, Westtown educates not just for the sake of college preparation, but for an engaged and reflective life. The school’s academic program is rigorous, and its college admissions record is impressive. At the same time, the school places a strong emphasis on reflection and mindfulness, both in weekly Meeting for Worship and in students’ everyday lives. Westtown’s beautiful 600-acre campus, located just 25 miles west of Philadelphia, encourages investigation, relaxation, and play, as well as illustrating the school’s commitment to sustainability. Quaker values and practices pervade the curriculum and culture, encouraging each community member to value diversity, to seek peace and justice, and to demonstrate respect for self and others.
Administrative Assistant Essential Functions:
- Greet and assist all visitors to the Advancement Office. Serve as the first point of contact for general phone calls and requests to the Alumni Office and the Advancement Office.
- Provide organizational support to the Advancement Department including: organizing and taking minutes at staff meetings, processing expenses and reimbursements, ordering supplies, reserving rooms for meetings etc.
- Coordinate Head of School communications, Advancement events staffing etc. with the Head of School’s office.
- Work with the communications office to facilitate the design of advancement materials for display and distribution
- Assist Dean of Advancement with Board of Trustee meeting and event preparation, minute taking and follow up.
- Assist Directors with volunteer committee work, preparation and follow up for on campus and traveling constituent visits, mailings.
- Respond to general constituent requests in a timely manner.
- Create and send bulk emails through Final Site and eNotify and execute mail merges, and material collation for printed mailings.
- Enter information for the “Class Notes” and “In Memoriam” sections of the Westonian into Raisers Edge.
- Update alumni records in Raisers Edge, obtain obituary online or from alumni relatives, and draft eNotify alumni death notices to classmates.
- Attend and/or support all events sponsored by the Advancement Office (requires working some nights and weekends).
- Support Advancement Office needs as necessary.
- Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 15 lbs. regularly. Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 30 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, balance, stoop, and kneel for extended periods of time.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year experience in a similar position.Experience in Advancement and/or Independent School environment preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer software skills, including Word, Adobe, Excel, and Google Drive. Previous experience with Raisers Edge or other relational databases preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities, and work in an organized efficient manner.
Westtown welcomes diverse candidates and encourages them to apply. Westtown does not discriminate in hiring, and is committed to fostering an inclusive community based on cultural competence, commitment to social justice, and respect for all voices.
Interested, qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Lana Valenzuela, Director of Human Resources, at http://tiny.cc/westtown_careercenter and select Show All Job Openings.