C O N T I N U A L R E V E L A T I O N
a Day of Connection, Support, and Sharing
Goals for our time together:
- Connecting with administrator colleagues from Quaker schools to talk about successes, common challenges, and questions.
- Strengthening the network of support and collaboration between Friends school educators.
Send your ideas for topics, questions, themes when you register.
|Arrival and introductions
||Welcome, overview, and centering silence
|Round 1 - Affinity grouping by division level
Including information on the Quaker Schools Learning Collaborative (QSLC) - Hybrid Learning Collaborative
Round 2 - Discussion group choices
- Education in the “Me, too” era - What are we doing to help our communities heal regarding events of the world?
- Giving and getting feedback - How does the framework of being a Quaker school inform the way we give and receive feedback?
- Peer observations and building an open door culture.
- How do Quaker values inform management of difficulty personnel issues?
- Mental health issues - substance use and abuse.
- Developing and encouraging growth mindset for professional development.
- What reflective practices are schools using to understand their culture and practices?
|Lunch and networking; sharing surprises, learnings, satisfactions, discoveries from the morning sessions.
Afternoon session – Round 3 - led by and facilitated by Chris & Jonathan
What is the value proposition of a Quaker education?
Why choose a Quaker school for your child?
What language do you use to talk with families?
Evaluation and Closing Worship
What’s next? Planning for 2019-2020 Peer Network Gathering
Contact Friends Council office if you need tips on public transportation.