Board Clerks - Clerks of School Committees
Serving on a Friends school board of trustees is unique.
Join colleagues for informal and collaborative conversation, support, and idea sharing.
Being a board clerk in a Friends school brings unique perspectives and challenges. Join with colleagues from Friends schools across the U.S.
Share what goes well and what challenges you are facing.
Our topic will be Socially Responsible Investing with Guest Speaker - Jeff Perkins, Executive Director of Friends Fiduciary
Here are a few queries to consider during our small group conversations:
- If you and your school’s board are interested in reviewing your school’s current investment policy through a social justice lens; how would you start?
- What is your school's investment policy?
- What are the values and principles that your board (collectively) wants to live by, put into policy, to endorse?
- As financial stewards - how do we balance the roles of wanting to have a strong financial foundation for the school and acting on the testimonies that support social responsibility - environmental sustainability, DEIJB, racial justice, etc.
- And, bring your own query or topic!
Gather via Zoom
"Bring your own snack"
- Join colleagues from Friends schools across the network
- Exchange ideas and share challenges
- Breakout conversations and whole group sharing
Dates, Rates & Details
Tuesday, September 19 2023
4:30pm - 6:00pm [Eastern Time]
Zoom Video Conference
Organized & Clerked by
Friends Select School [PA]
Friends Fiduciary [PA]