Development & Advancement Professionals
Fundraising in the Fall of 2020:
Moving into this Moment with Joy, Meaning, and Power
A Friends Council Development Gathering, in partnership with GG+A, for Development Professionals, Heads and Trustees featuring:
- Jim McKey, Practice Area Leader for Independent Schools and Senior Vice President, Grenzebach, Glier and Associates (GG+A)
- Jack Rogers, Chief Development Officer, William Penn Charter School (PA)
- Marlene Sloger, Director of Advancement, San Francisco Friends School (CA)
With multiple forces giving rise to dramatic change and continued uncertainty in our world -- the pandemic, increased calls for racial justice, an economic crisis and global climate events -- fundraising and philanthropy are impacted as well.
How do we as fundraising professionals in Friends schools move into this moment with joy, meaning and power and how are others doing so?
In this workshop for development professionals, heads of schools and trustees from Friends schools of all sizes, attendees will hear about the national context for fundraising, hear “share and tell” presentations from several seasoned Friends School fundraising professionals, and engage together in dialogue and idea sharing.
- Learn about the current context for fundraising nationally
- Hear lessons and stories of successes from Quaker school colleagues
- Share common concerns
- Tap into what gives you meaning and identify your personal sources of joy and power to keep going
- What’s gone well since the pandemic started and what lessons have we learned to take forward into 2020-2021?
- What are your concerns? What is keeping you up at night?
- What gives you meaning and what are your sources of joy and power to keep going?
- What about fundraising in a Quaker school sustains you right now?
- Opening Worship
- Welcome, Agenda Overview, Introductions
- National Context - Jim McKey GG+A
- Share and Tell - Jack Rogers and Marlene Sloger
- Breakout Groups for conversation and reflection
- Return to Large Group for Reporting and Q&A
- Next steps
This workshop is for heads of schools, development/advancement professionals and trustees. Please share this invitation accordingly in your school. Thank you!
Friends Council is holding two Development Gatherings this fall. This September 10, 2020 session is for schools of any size. The second workshop will be for schools with small development “shops.”
Photo credit above right: Yeshi Kangrang on Unsplash
Dates & Details
2:00pm to 3:00pm (EST)
Join us via ZOOM
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Join us in Worship – Centering Reflection – through Zoom
Wednesdays, at 4pm (Eastern Daylight time)
Friends Council invites you and any members of your Friends school community to join us for a 30 minute period of worship and centering reflection. Please feel free to share this link with your colleagues.
Click for help with Zoom.
We recommend the use of a headset or a bluetooth device to use ZOOM audio.
We look forward to connecting with you.
Drew, Deborra, April, Betsy