Development & Advancement Professionals
Fundraising in the Fall of 2020:
Garnering Resources, Staying Creative, and Applying Fundraising Best Practices in Your Small Shop
- Katelynn Connolly, Director of Advancement, Buckingham Friends School (PA)
- Jim McKey, Practice Area Leader for Independent Schools and Senior Vice President, Grenzebach, Glier and Associates (GG+A)
- Ashley Raper, Director of Advancement, New Garden Friends School (NC)
As we move into the Fall of 2020, fundraising professionals are faced with navigating continuing disruption and an increasingly uncertain landscape, including but not limited to the ongoing pandemic, the economic crisis, increased calls for racial justice, wildfires, and, soon, the election. This Friends Council development gathering is uniquely tailored to Friends schools with a small development team, or “small shop”. We’ll focus together on how to stay the course, garner your resources, generate creative possibilities, and move forward with strength and positivity.
- What do we see as challenges?
- How are we approaching our work in a small shop?
- How do I achieve a balance between the “volume work” of annual fund/ events and the “deep work” with top donors?
- How can I support my head/Board around making good choices?
- What models are working for community building and fundraising?
Overview of the national landscape in philanthropy
Share and Tell
Harvesting the learning
This workshop is for heads of schools, development/advancement professionals and trustees. Please share this invitation accordingly in your school. Thank you!
Photo credit above right: Yeshi Kangrang on Unsplash