FOR ALL NEW COLLEAGUES IN FRIENDS SCHOOLS!
If you are new to a Friends school this workshop is for you.
Educators New to Quakerism workshops give Faculty, Staff, and Administrators new to Friends schools the opportunity to explore the Quaker identity of their schools.
- Quaker History & Beliefs and Quakerism Q & A
- Testimonies and how they work with your day-to-day duties
- Meeting for Worship - Understanding what to do and why
- Clearness Committees - Explore this Quaker way of finding clarity
- Meeting for Business - How does communal discernment work?
- Explore real-world ideas and models for working with your colleagues and students
Schools report that participants return to their communities with a greater understanding of the mission of their schools and renewed energy and enthusiasm for strengthening its Quaker dimension.
Learning more about Quakerism gives me a much better understanding of how I as a teacher can interact in the lives of my students and make my class a "meeting for learning."
@ Pendle Hill
10am - 9pm [Day 1] to
9am - 3pm [Day 2] Mon-Tues
October 2-3, 2023
October 16-17, 2023
November 13-14, 2023
December 4-5, 2023 - Waitlist Only
February 5-6, 2024 - Waitlist Only
Registration Fee: $450 pp
[includes meals, lodging, and program]
Limited financial assistance is available.
"I enjoyed the retreat aspect of this workshop - the time away and calm feelings lead to reflection. The small groups and partner activities provided a chance to network, to learn new perspectives, and to realize that I’m not alone in in my struggles, my hopes, and my joys."