We are seeking Friends school teachers, administrators, counselors, and others in all roles and stages in their careers. . . Educators who:
- Care deeply and will take leadership in nurturing the Quaker dimension of the school;
- Engage Quaker values in the classroom;
- Realize personal and professional growth through critical reflection, dialogue, and feedback;
- Are interested in the personal work necessary to restore and energize themselves in order to lead students and colleagues in activities that spark spiritual grounding and collaborative decision-making.
- Contribute to collegial faculty development in the school.
- Interested participants will submit an application,
- A short response describing how the applicant engages with Quaker values in her or his school and classroom.
- A brief endorsement note from their division director or head of school.
NOTE: Heads of school have seen benefit from sending more than one teacher from one school.
An ad hoc committee selects each cohort from the nominations, seeking a balanced and diverse group.
[Wallingford, PA and/or Cape May, MD]
October 2022, April 2023, October 2023, April 2024
+ four 1/2 day virtual support sessions
Each retreat begins with settling in at 4 pm.
Participants in the SPARC program commit to be part of a two-year cycle of deepening reflection and interconnection; all members are responsible to each other in this learning community. Our policy for this residential program is that we expect full attendance and full participation in each program retreat (two retreats each school year).
This residential expectation for each retreat serves to build community, deepen levels of communication and trust, and provide ample time for reflective work. Participants make the necessary arrangements to arrive on time and stay the entire length of the program. Participants and their school heads/division heads take responsibility to know the retreat dates, anticipate and resolve any conflicts between SPARC dates and school/personal responsibilities, and make every effort to fulfill the commitment to the program.
Fee 2022-24: $1,000 per person per year - for four all retreats & sessions, fees include food and lodging where applicable.