Maximizing our Collective Impact
In conjunction with the Friends Council on Education, we bring together high schools to work on environmentalism and sustainability initiatives together. Guided by Quaker values but welcoming to schools of all backgrounds, we are excited to work towards greater change.
The Climate Crisis is a pervasive environmental and social issue, which requires collaboration and cooperation to effectively address. Working at all levels within secondary schools, supporting students, faculty, and administration, the Student Environmentalism and Sustainability Network, SEASN, aims to maximize our collective impact on the climate crisis while helping each other achieve higher levels of environmental stewardship. We will inspire and encourage each other, offer guidance, and use our collective influence to encourage a just transition to a greener future for all.
Throughout our meetings and activities, we strive to follow these guiding principles:
1. We are respectful of our peers and their opinions
2. We are supportive of each other
3. We act with stewardship towards our planet and community
4. We make decisions together as a community
5. We ensure all voices are heard and uplifted
6. We ensure SEASN is an inclusive and welcoming community to all
7. Although not an explicitly Quaker organization, we are guided by the Quaker testimonies of stewardship, peace, integrity, community, equality, and simplicity.